Prince George High School Counseling Department
School Counseling Office
Hours: Monday - Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
PH: (804) 733-2720
FAX: (804) 733-2724
School Counseling Staff
Mrs. Anna Payne -- A-Gilb, School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Philip Jones -- Gilc-McK, School Counselor email@example.com
Mrs. Tara Seely -- McL-S, School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Edwina Clissa -- T-Z, Counseling Director email@example.com
Ms. Monica Curtis -- Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling for the 2020-21 School Year
How to apply for JTCC Courses offered at PGHS and on JTCC Campus
New 2020 Parental Permission Form 4-8-2020.doc - for Concurrent Programs at JTCC
2020-2022 Parent Permission Form JTCC Dual Enrollment.pdf - for Dual Enrollment at PGHS
How to apply for RBC Dual Enrollment Courses offered at PGHS and RBC Concurrent Enrollement at RBC
PGHS Scheduling for 2020-21
Important Information for 2020 Graduates
High School Transcript – IF YOU REQUESTED A TRANSCRIPT TO BE SENT – you are fine
IF YOU DID NOT – CONTACT YOUR COUNSELING OFFICE ASAP
ALL COLLEGES REQUIRE FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
*Call your college after JUNE 30th to verify they received your high school transcript. Final transcripts will be sent out from PGHS on June 18th.
Dual Enrollment classes -
Go to the individual college website. We CANNOT send these for you. You will not receive credits for the classes unless you send an official transcript
Richard Bland College Transcript Request
John Tyler Community College Transcript Request
Longwood University Transcript Request
AP Exam Scores
If you earned a 3 or higher, you MAY be able to exempt a class.
YOU must send through the College Board website EITHER now or when you get your scores back.
Scholarships - MONEY
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity University Scholarship 5-4-2020.pdf ** Updated due date 6/8/2020
Jessica Ann Moore Foundation 4 5-1-2020.pdf --now due May 30th
Jessica Ann Moore Foundation 3 5-1-2020.pdf --now due May 30th
Jessica Ann Moore Foundation 5-1-2020.pdf --now due May 30th
2020 AIARVA Scholarship_Memorandum due 5 15 20.pdf Their coordinator also sent a link to a video for inspiration: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1endstPSqzR8myBZbNfKsk6f9ClhFstbm
Petersburg Alumnae Chapter, DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC. (attending Virginia State University) Due 5-15-2020 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sn0Du4e3uc5t3L1ELpVR7jJoatUrIZaX/view?usp=drive_web
Petersburg Alumnae Chapter, DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC (for any college) Due 5-15-2020 https://drive.google.com/file/d/119vF9EFOCGMIL0O40qP_3nOGqf9XiOPc/view?usp=drive_web
All available scholarships are communicated to students in three ways:
1. Morning and afternoon announcements (daily announcements are posted daily on the school website and PG TV)
2. See Mrs. Payne, School Counselor, for your helpful scholarship information!
3. Posted in your English 12 and Government classes, outside of the Counseling Office, and in the Commons.
Type of School Day
Prince George High is on an Alternating Block Day (based on Even/ Odd day Calendar dates).
7:50AM - 8:49AM --First Block is every day
8:54AM - 10:32AM -- Second/Third Block
10:37AM - 12:47PM -- Fourth/Fifth Block
12:52PM - 2:30PM -- Sixth/Seventh Block
- Information about colleges and universities across the country is available in the Counseling Center. The information available below features online resources to help students learn more about higher education opportunities, whether traditional campuses or online degree-granting programs.
Managed by the National Center for Education Statistics, College Navigator is an online source to search for colleges by state, by zip code, by programs/majors offered, by institution type, by enrollment size, by tuition and fees, and much more.
- Refine your search with More Search Options to select additional search criteria.
- Build a list of schools using My Favorites for side-by-side comparisons.
- Pinpoint school locations with an interactive map.
- Export search results into a spreadsheet.
- Save your session including search options and favorites.
All students within Prince George High School will benefit from a school counseling program that is developmental in nature, preventative in design, and comprehensive in scope. As an integral part of the total education program, credentialed school counselors will ensure access to services so that every student is challenged and supported to reah his or her highest potential.
The mission of the Prince George High School Counseling program aligns with the school vision. School counselors, as professional school advocates, will provide 10th - 12th grade students a comprehensive developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, college/career, and personal/social needs of each student within our diverse population. The program is delivered through counseling curriculum, individual planning, system support, and responsive services in partnership with educators, parents, and the community. Credentialed school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure that each student in the district are prepared academically and socially with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society. In unison with the students, staff, parents, and community members, the school counselor will facilitate a positive, supportive and culturally sensitive program that will ensure a school community that is a safe, healthy and nurturing environment for all.
PGCS Registration Guide
Registration Information & Process
Residents new to the area with children in 10th to 12th Grade should register their child at Prince George High School. The first step is to call the school at 804-733-2725 to schedule an appointment with our Counseling Department. The following documnets are required to register your child:
Birth Certificate (Passports are not acceptable)
- Current vaccination record signed by a doctor (including three hepatitis B shots)
- Social Security Card
- Transcript and withdrawal form from previous school
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence:
- Families living at Fort Lee will need to bring a letter from housing.
- Families that own a home in the county will need to bring a title deed, deed of trust, or real estate tax bill.
- Families in the process of buying a home will need to bring their sales contract. They are also required to write a letter to the School Board asking permission for their child to enroll at Prince George High School until they close on their home.
- Families that rent a home will need to bring their rental contract.
If you are a current junior or senior who intends to pursue your sport at the college level, you MUST register with the NCAA Clearinghouse in the spring of your junior year.
If you are a senior who has not already done so, you must register as soon as possible.
If you attended another high school, you MUST have an original transcript sent from your former school directly to the Clearinghouse. Also, the Clearinghouse will only accept your SAT scores directly from the College Board.
To register with NCAA Clearinghouse, go to https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
To have your SAT scores sent directly from the College Board to the Clearinghouse, go to www.collegeboard.com.
To have your ACT scores sent directly from ACT to the Clearinghouse, go to www.actstudent.org.
If you have questions or concerns about this process please contact Mrs. Clissa, Counseling Director, who assists students with NCAA issues, at email@example.com, or stop by the Counseling Department.