Prince George High School Counseling Department
School Counseling Office
Hours: Monday - Friday
7:30am to 3:30pm
PH: (804) 733-2720
FAX: (804) 733-2724
School Counseling Staff
Ms. Jocelyn Culver -- A-Gilb, School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Philip Jones -- Gilc-McK, School Counselor email@example.com
Mrs. Nancy Odum -- McL-S, School Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Edwina Clissa -- T-Z, Counseling Director email@example.com
Ms. Monica Curtis -- Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org
All students within Prince George High School will benefit from a school counseling program that is developmental in nature, preventative in design, and comprehensive in scope. As an integral part of the total education program, credentialed school counselors will ensure access to services so that every student is challenged and supported to reah his or her highest potential.
The mission of the Prince George High School Counseling program aligns with the school vision. School counselors, as professional school advocates, will provide 10th - 12th grade students a comprehensive developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, college/career, and personal/social needs of each student within our diverse population. The program is delivered through counseling curriculum, individual planning, system support, and responsive services in partnership with educators, parents, and the community. Credentialed school counselors facilitate the support system to ensure that each student in the district are prepared academically and socially with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society. In unison with the students, staff, parents, and community members, the school counselor will facilitate a positive, supportive and culturally sensitive program that will ensure a school community that is a safe, healthy and nurturing environment for all.
PGCS Registration Guide
Registration Information & Process
Residents new to the area with children in 10th to 12th Grade should register their child at Prince George High School. The first step is to call the school at 804-733-2725 to schedule an appointment with our Counseling Department. The following documnets are required to register your child:
Birth Certificate (Passports are not acceptable)
- Current vaccination record signed by a doctor (including three hepatitis B shots)
- Social Security Card
- Transcript and withdrawal form from previous school
- Custody Papers (if applicable)
- Proof of Residence:
- Families living at Fort Lee will need to bring a letter from housing.
- Families that own a home in the county will need to bring a title deed, deed of trust, or real estate tax bill.
- Families in the process of buying a home will need to bring their sales contract. They are also required to write a letter to the School Board asking permission for their child to enroll at Prince George High School until they close on their home.
- Families that rent a home will need to bring their rental contract.