Welcome to PGHS
Home of the Royals
Monday March 1st
JV football game and JV practice is cancelled. Varsity Green will practice from 3:00-5:30 and Varsity Gold will meet virtually at 7:00 p.m.
Field Hockey is being rescheduled for tomorrow at River City with varsity starting at 3:00 p.m. and JV to follow. We are waiting on confirmation from officials.
This year Prince George High School has partnered with GoFan to enable spectators to purchase tickets to eligible HOME athletic events on a digital only platform. The move to digital ticketing provides the safest, easiest, and most convenient option for access to athletic events. Currently paper money will not be accepted for ticket purchase as we transition to a safer environment for all in these changing times. Please click the link below to view a brief video to assist you in purchasing tickets.
CURRENT NEWS and Weekly Schedules
Football…Seniors will receive two codes to purchase two tickets and underclassmen one code to purchase one ticket (unless the Governor changes restrictions). These codes will be given to players on Tuesday of each week and tickets must be purchased using the GoFan app. Games will be livestreamed.
Field Hockey will also use the GoFan app and ticket sales will be cut off at 250.
Volleyball will not have fans in attendance, but will be livestreamed.
To order individual pictures from Candid Color
- Go to candidcolor.net
- Click on Sports Portraits
- Enter the following Access Code: PGSM21
- Log in or create an account to continue with the viewing and ordering process
FOLLOWING ARE LINKS TO VIEW ALL HOME Football and Volleyball GAMES:
For JJ Moore Middle School Boys Basketball Games
LINKS TO AWAY EVENTS (Will be posted as received):
Powhatan Wrestling- https://youtu.be/x3zQOADA4bY
Colonial Heights - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoI0jXFzL1O1ei3FpAuYIQ/live
Dinwiddie - https://www.facebook.com/DinwiddieSports
Matoaca - https://t.co/WId3aATMri (will have to subscribe)
Thomas Dale - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGhltAOo2-D-KqW_HZ_sTBQ
Seasonal News and Updates
Fall Sports are currently underway. Please refer to the district site below for schedules.
- Forms may be dropped off to the high school to the attention of the Athletic Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of the required forms are located on this page under the Required Forms tab. VHSL physicals and all other forms must be dated after May 1st, 2020.
- Field Hockey Conditioning will not occur. Players are to prepare to meet the first day of tryouts on February 15th. All athletic forms must be turned in to the athletic office before tryouts.
Dates, times, and locations of events can be found on the calendar page at www.centraldistrictva.org. All participants must have a completed VHSL physical form, PGCS Head Injury form, Covid form, Health Information form, and handbook acknowledgement form signed and turned into the Athletic Office at Prince George High School by the first day of tryouts.
In order to be eligible for Fall and Spring sports, student-athletes must have passed 5 subjects from the 2019-2020 school year and must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year. In order to be eligible for second semester sports, student-athletes must have passed 3 subjects from the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year and be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
If there are any questions, please contact the PGHS Athletic Department at 804-733-2720.
The Virginia High School League requires school districts to monitor spectator behavior at all school sponsored activities. Accordingly, an event supervisor(s) may request any person involved in misconduct to leave the premises and may contact the police for assistance. The school has the authority to suspend individuals from attending all school sponsored activities for spectator misconduct.
Prince George County Public Schools appreciates positive support from all spectators and have the following expectations:
- Be a positive role model.
- Realize that you represent the school and community and, therefore, have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encouraging through positive behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
- Be a “team fan” and a “my kid fan.”
- Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
- Recognize that since the primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players, victory or defeat are of secondary importance.
- Treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Respect the judgment and integrity of officials, realizing that their decisions are based upon game conditions.
- Respect the coaches and administration.
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is revocable without refund.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all our teams.
Softball Interest Form
Any female student athlete in grades 8-12 that is interested in playing Softball in the spring, please click on the link to fill out the interest form. https://forms.gle/dXHXyUoe2wCigpXQA
Boys Soccer: Conditioning for non-returning players will begin on March 1st. We will meet Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from 3-5pm at the Wellness center. Athletes will need updated physicals on file along with the concussion and COVID forms. Athletes will need to find their own transportation since busses will not be taking students over to the fields. Bring tennis shoes, cleats, shin guards, and appropriate athletic wear. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
Below are links to the required forms necessary for participation with PGHS Athletics. The ** indicate that a form must be completed and signed, and must be on file prior to the start of the activity the student is seeking participation in.
For information regarding NCAA eligibility please refer to the following resource. We encourage you to contact our Athletic Department for guidance and clarification.
How to find Athletic Schedule and setup Notifications
Go to www.centraldistrictva.org for full schedule of athletic events and related activities. Note, events are subject to change.
For Subscribing to rSchools for High School Activities and Sports Information/Cancellations
- Visit www.centraldistrictva.org.
- Click your Prince George in the right side frame.
- Click on Notify Me in the top right
- Choose the sports you are interested in receiving information/cancellations, click continue.
- Choose the activities you are interested in receiving information/cancellations, click continue.
- Select when you would like to receive automatic email notifications for these activities, click continue.
- Complete the contact information and save settings.