CURRENT NEWS and Weekly Schedules
FOLLOWING ARE LINKS TO VIEW ALL HOME GAMES:
For JJ Moore Middle School Boys Basketball Games
All Wrestling Matches
LINKS TO AWAY EVENTS (Will be posted as received):
Powhatan Wrestling- https://youtu.be/x3zQOADA4bY
Colonial Heights - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoI0jXFzL1O1ei3FpAuYIQ/live
Dinwiddie - https://www.facebook.com/DinwiddieSports
Watch live by clicking on the link below and hit subscribe: https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FWId3aATMri&data=04%7C01%7Crbcarroll%40pgs.k12.va.us%7Cd06e608d1c69425e374508d8b95b0d7a%7C39b63b2100514b15bd1b8653d2eac744%7C0%7C0%7C637463148019696064%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=fDKI6gyMDyr%2B3MZSLOAuyOoNEd3qoKmeYpJxINDBz2c%3D&reserved=0
Thomas Dale - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGhltAOo2-D-KqW_HZ_sTBQ
SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK January 11th:
|Basketball: Boys MS||Tue||01/12/2021||5:00pm||Colonial Heights Middle School||N. B. Clements|
|Basketball: Girls Varsity||Tue||01/12/2021||6:00pm||Matoaca||Prince George High School|
|Indoor Track: Boys Varsity||Wed||01/13/2021||3:00pm||Dinwiddie||Dinwiddie High School|
|Wrestling: Varsity||Thu||01/14/2021||6:00pm||New Kent||New Kent High School|
|Basketball: Girls Varsity||Thu||01/14/2021||6:00pm||Colonial Heights||Prince George High School|
|Wrestling: Varsity||Fri||01/15/2021||6:00pm||Powhatan||Powhatan High School|
|Wrestling: Varsity||Sat||01/16/2021||11:00am||Away vs. Matoaca, Meadowbrook, Prince George||Matoaca High School|
Schedule for the week of January 18th
|Basketball: Boys MS||Tue||01/19/2021||5:00pm||Dinwiddie MS||N. B. Clements|
|Indoor Track: Boys Varsity||Wed||01/20/2021||3:30pm||Dinwiddie||Dinwiddie High School|
|Wrestling: Varsity||Wed||01/20/2021||6:00pm||Monacan, Clover Hill, Prince George||Monacan High School|
|Basketball: Boys MS||Thu||01/21/2021||5:00pm||Colonial Heights Middle School||Colonial Heights Middle School|
|Wrestling: Varsity||Thu||01/21/2021||6:00pm||Dinwiddie, Thomas Dale||Prince George High School|
|Basketball: Boys JV||Fri||01/22/2021||5:45pm||Petersburg||Petersburg High School|
|Basketball: Girls Varsity||Fri||01/22/2021||6:00pm||Petersburg||Prince George High School|
|Basketball: Boys Varsity||Fri||01/22/2021||7:15pm||Petersburg||Petersburg High School|
Seasonal News and Updates
Winter Sports are currently underway. Please refer to the district site below for schedules.
- Fall Sports: All student-athletes that wish to participate in fall sports that will begin in February must turn in all of their athletic forms to the athletic office at PGHS by February 3rd. Forms may be dropped off to the high school to the attention of the Athletic Office or emailed to email@example.com. All of the required forms are located on this page under the Required Forms tab. VHSL physicals and all other forms must be dated after May 1st, 2020.
- Field Hockey Conditioning will begin January 19th, 2021. You must turn in all forms prior to participation.
Dates, times, and locations of events can be found on the calendar page at www.centraldistrictva.org. All participants must have a completed VHSL physical form, PGCS Head Injury form, Covid form, Health Information form, and handbook acknowledgement form signed and turned into the Athletic Office at Prince George High School by the first day of tryouts.
In order to be eligible for Winter sports, student-athletes must have passed 5 subjects from the 2019-2020 school year and must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year. In order to be eligible for second semester sports, student-athletes must have passed 3 subjects from the first semester of the 2020-2021 school year and be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.
If there are any questions, please contact the PGHS Athletic Department at 804-733-2720.
The Virginia High School League requires school districts to monitor spectator behavior at all school sponsored activities. Accordingly, an event supervisor(s) may request any person involved in misconduct to leave the premises and may contact the police for assistance. The school has the authority to suspend individuals from attending all school sponsored activities for spectator misconduct.
Prince George County Public Schools appreciates positive support from all spectators and have the following expectations:
- Be a positive role model.
- Realize that you represent the school and community and, therefore, have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encouraging through positive behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
- Be a “team fan” and a “my kid fan.”
- Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
- Recognize that since the primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players, victory or defeat are of secondary importance.
- Treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Respect the judgment and integrity of officials, realizing that their decisions are based upon game conditions.
- Respect the coaches and administration.
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is revocable without refund.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all our teams.
Below are links to the required forms necessary for participation with PGHS Athletics. The ** indicate that a form must be completed and signed, and must be on file prior to the start of the activity the student is seeking participation in.
For information regarding NCAA eligibility please refer to the following resource. We encourage you to contact our Athletic Department for guidance and clarification.
How to find Athletic Schedule and setup Notifications
Go to www.centraldistrictva.org for full schedule of athletic events and related activities. Note, events are subject to change.
For Subscribing to rSchools for High School Activities and Sports Information/Cancellations
- Visit www.centraldistrictva.org.
- Click your Prince George in the right side frame.
- Click on Notify Me in the top right
- Choose the sports you are interested in receiving information/cancellations, click continue.
- Choose the activities you are interested in receiving information/cancellations, click continue.
- Select when you would like to receive automatic email notifications for these activities, click continue.
- Complete the contact information and save settings.